Thursday, September 18, 2014

The purge

The article Throw Everything Out made me laugh.  I CONSTANTLY have a get out of the house collection.   Currently, I have a bag of kid clothes on the table for an expectant friend, another bag for VOA (Volunteers of America), and at least two janky items in my truck for the next e-recycling event.  This is on top of my recycling bins on the back porch, a compost pile behind the garage, and a couple of freecycle items on the porch.

I've always been someone who gets rid of stuff.  It drove my ex crazy.  I grew up in a trailer with two parents, three siblings, FIVE dogs, and at least one indoor cat.  I need space and very little clutter.  

I read voraciously but I don't have a house full of books.  For one, I can't afford my habit.  And any book I own or am gifted, gets read and handed to the next reader.  (Maybe not every book - but only about one out of a hundred gets kept - and mostly those are ones I want me kid to love and scribble on and sleep with).  It helps to live in a city with the top library system in the country!

I donate to the local thrift shop AT LEAST once a week and am constantly dispersing stuff to the world.  I want a pretty, interesting, and very me home and I am likely better at the edit than I am about aquisition.  Maybe by the time I'm 90, it'll be in good shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment